From IFPE to Hannover Fair to PackExpo Las Vegas, 2017 has been a busy year in the world of pneumatics! Here’s a look back at the most-read stories to appear on PneumaticTips.com during this past year …
5. Should I use a wet or dry storage receiver? Having both wet and dry receivers takes some of the peak load off the dryer because the flow is averaged to some degree, which is of additional benefit. Of course, the receivers should be equipped with efficient airless drains and proper pressure relief valves as per safety requirements.
4. Big things in store at 2017 Hannover Messe. The 2017 event featured a record 500-plus Industry 4.0 applications, including self-learning robots with near-human touch sensitivity and sustainable energy solutions. The show’s 2017 partner county was Poland, with 150 Polish companies exhibiting.
3. Pneumatic design 101: Go with the flow. Pneumatic components are simple to work with, provide high-speed motion, are positionally repeatable, and are very reliable.
2. Allied Electronics now distributing Festo actuators, fittings, solenoids, valves, and filters. This Texas-based distributor’s agreement with manufacturer Festo proved a very popular announcement.
1. Safe pneumatic system design. One of the prime directives for machine builders is ensuring the safety of operators. Machine safety must start at the design phase and be considered during all phases of development including concept, design, manufacture, build, integration, startup, testing, operation and maintenance.