After the launch of the LEM, a new generation mini vacuum module integrating in a smaller size all the functions of the vacuum pump, COVAL has entered a new phase with its LEMAX mini vacuum pump. Emphasis with this new product is on energy saving through continuous monitoring and regulation.
At the heart of this new pump is COVAL’s Air Saving Control (ASC) technology. The LEMAX integrates ASC technology for the very first time, generating energy savings of between 60 to 97%, depending on the applications.
ASC limits energy consumption on two levels:
- Air is only consumed to create the vacuum and to enable gripping and moving the piece. Once the regulated vacuum level has been reached, a valve closes, enabling the piece to be held without any consumption of energy. If the vacuum level drops, an air intake is generated until it returns to the initial value.
- The ASC analyses the application and adapts to airtight or porous pieces in order to optimize energy use and consumption.
The LEMAX also benefits from all of COVAL’s technological advances:
- Compactness: The LEMAX integrates all the main functions in a single module— pressure control, pilot solenoid valves, non-clogging through-type silencer, electronic vacuum switch, M8 connector (Plug & Play direct connection), and adjustable blow-off. Its reduced size and weight (130 grams) enables it to be connected as close as possible to the suction cups for reduced gripping time without drop in pressure.
- Communication: The LEMAX supplies accurate information to the user at each operation phase. It has a dialog facade that operates directly on the electronic card, controlling the main functions and settings.
- Modularity: The LEMAX adjusts itself to the needs of the integrator and user. It is available in six configurations—three standard nozzle diameters (1, 1.2, and 1.4 mm) allowing an intake flow of 29 to 70 Nl/mn (90% maximum vacuum).
It can be provided with a normally closed (NC) or normally open (NO) solenoid valve. This alternative is recommended for applications where safety of the gripped piece must imperatively be ensured during an inadvertent power failure, this even in the case of leakage (fail-safe).
It is possible to combine several LEMAX on island assemblies with a single pressure supply.
COVAL recommends using the LEMAX for gripping airtight pieces in glass, plastic, treated wood, and sheet metal. It is ideal for use in packaging, robotics and plastics, particularly for clamping and transfer.
Finally, ASC technology offers the following additional benefits:
- Integrated regulation: energy savings, reduced consumption and noise level
- Reduced size: assembly near the suction cups for better efficiency
- Holding time: two times faster than multi-stage technology
- Non-clogging: thanks to the through-type silencer, no maintenance necessary
COVAL Vacuum Technology Inc.