The Aventics Smart Pneumatic Monitor (SPM) module provides the user with reliable information on the state of wear of actuators, valves and other devices as well as the energy efficiency of pneumatic systems – without the need to involve machine control. Predictive maintenance minimizes the risk of unplanned machine downtimes and significantly lowers operating costs.
Together with the Aventics AES fieldbus system, the SPM module detects in advance when critical limits will be reached and provides users with the key information for early intervention. In addition, the sensor data collected via the I/O modules also provides a multitude of other options to optimize other important areas, for example, the pneumatic systems’ energy efficiency. In line with the IoT concept, the system records local data independently of the control, and prepares and supplies the information via standard interfaces wherever it is required, whether in a local IT network or in the user’s cloud solution.
The SPM module features pre-installed analysis modules for condition monitoring and energy efficiency analyses and allows for the simple creation of individual analyses. It is easy to program using the supplied open source interface Node-RED.
SPM basic equipment and connections:
- eSom/3517 with TI AM3517 32-bit ARM Corte @600MHz
- Linux OS with VPN and firewall
- Graphical interface for parameterization and programming
- Optional LTE modem (TSM, UMTS, HSPA)
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN, 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet LAN, USB 2.0, DVI/HDMI, RS232/RS485 bundled to RS422, real-time clock
- 12-24 VDC power supply
- Communication protocols: OPC UA Server, OPC UA Client, Modbus Master, Modbus Slave, MQTT, S7 RFC1006, cloud connectors: SPA, Microsoft Azure IoT
Leave a Reply