The International Fluid Power Society (IFPS) is pleased to announce that Mr. Tom Blansett, CFPAI, CFPS, CFPIHT, CFPCC, Eaton Corporation, was elected the 54th president of IFPS during its annual meeting in Buffalo, New York. Mr. Blansett will take office in January, 2014.
The following officers were also confirmed at the IFPS 2013 Annual Meeting:
• First Vice President – Marti Wendel, CFPE, CFPS – Curtiss-Wright Sprague Products
• Immediate Past President – Mark Perry, CFPHS – Fitzsimmons Hydraulics, Inc.
• Treasurer – Dan Helgerson, CFPAI, CFPS, CFPECS, CFPMT, CFPSD – Cascade Steel Rolling Mills, Inc.
• Vice President Certification – Rance Herren, CFPSD, CFPECS, CFPMT, CFPAI- National Oilwell Varco
• Vice President Marketing and Public Relations – Justin Sergeant, CFPS, CFPMHM – Western Integrated Technologies
• Vice President Education – D. Dean Houdeshell, PE, CFPAI, CFPE, CFPS, CFPIHT, CFPMHT, CFPMHM – Danfoss
• Vice President Membership – Richard Bullers, CFPPS – SMC Corporation of America
• Vice President Educational Foundation – Jean Knowles, CFPE, CFPS – Spencer Fluid Power
The following Directors-at-Large were also confirmed:
• Alan Niesen, CFPS, CFPIHM, CFPMHM – HFI Fluid Power Products
• Kenneth Dulinski, CFPAI/AJPP, CFPECS, CFPHS CFPMIH, CFPMMH – Macomb Community College
• John Juhasz, CFPECS, CFPS – Kraft Fluid Systems, Inc.
• Timothy White, CFPAI/AJPP, CFPS, CFPECS, CFPMIH, CFPMMH, CFPMIP, CFPMT, CFPMM – The Boeing Company
• Frank Fetty, MHM – JH Fletcher & Company
• Jeff Kenney, CFPIHM, CFPMHM, CFPMHT – Coastal Hydraulics, Inc.
• Scott Gower, CFPS – Gulf Controls Co., Inc.
• Scott Nagro, CFPS – HydraForce, Inc.
• Bill Jordan, CFPAI/AJPP, CFPMHM, CFPMHT – Altec Industries, Inc.
• Jose Garcia, CFPHS – Purdue University
• Dr. Medhat Khalil – CFPAI, CFPHS – Milwaukee School of Engineering
About the IFPS – Through multifaceted work in education, training, and certification, the International Fluid Power Society strengthens and advances professional careers in the fluid power workforce. It is committed to facilitating and promoting the advancement of technology and professionalism of the fluid power and motion control industry through awareness, education, and certification. IFPS is the only organization that provides comprehensive technical certification offerings for all professionals in the fluid power and motion control industry.