Next week, hundreds of members of the fluid power industry will gather at Chicago’s Westin North Shore for the National Fluid Power Association’s Industry and Economic Outlook Conference (IEOC). Considered by many to be the industry’s most popular annual event, it will be held Monday, August 11 to Wednesday, August 13. It will offer hard data, critical insight and opportunities in four major areas—Economics, Industry, Technology, and Networking. The schedule includes IEOC favorites Alan Beaulieu, Eli Lustgarten and John Walker. And new this year will be a special geopolitical analysis by Peter Zeihan.
Conference highlights include:
- Global Economics from an ITR Perspective – Alan Beaulieu, Institute for Trend Research (ITR)
- Global Economics from an Oxford Economics Perspective – John Walker, Oxford Economics
- Geopolitical Analysis of Global Economics – Peter Zeihan, Zeihan on Geopolitics
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Ryan Reed, Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
- Agricultural Machinery Forecast – Karen Ubelhart, Bloomberg Research
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Don Ake, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
- Industrial Machinery Market Forecast – Alex Chausovsky, IHS Technology
- Market Technology Trends: Pharmaceutical Processing Industry – Donna Ritson, DDR Communications
- Market Technology Trends: Construction Industry – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
Networking opportunities also include the IEOC Invitational Golf Tournament, IEOC Welcome Reception at Chevy Chase Country Club, and Power of Association Reception and Dinner. Speakers will also be available during the IEOC Speakers Forum, which closes out the first day with a Q&A session.
National Fluid Power Association